Advantages of Informal/Unstructured Interviews
Job interviews are the basis of growth for both candidates and companies. With more opportunities arising in both small and big companies, the number of candidates that are willing to apply has increased dramatically. According to a Glassdoor survey, on average, each corporate job offer attracts 250 resumes. Of those candidates, 4 to 6 will get called for an interview, and only one will get the job.
For employers, it is a time-consuming process which is also responsible for hiring the new members that grow the team and company and for Candidates, it is nerve-wracking but also their avenue to succeed and grow as professionals. Ultimately it all depends on this, whether they can secure the job or not.
The main goal of an interview is to find the perfect connect for the organization. Different companies and recruitment agencies use formal approaches to conducting interviews. One of the new approaches is Informal or Unstructured interview.
Informal/Unstructured interview is basically more about getting to know the person behind the resume, as much as that person’s skills and ability. For companies nowadays, having a great culture fit in their organization has become an increasing priority. And that’s why this style of interview is preferred over the formal interview, especially for growing companies.
Now, what are the advantages of this type of interview?
1. Much more flexible and comfortable progression due to ease of interview not following any strict format.
2. Any communication gap between the candidate and interviewer is almost eliminated due to the easy-going approach.
3. A much more practical and interactive way of analyzing the candidate.
4. Creates a vastly better impression of your company to the candidate, letting them know about the work atmosphere and company culture.
5. The interviewer is able to establish a good relationship with the candidate, which will result in a higher chance of the candidate accepting the job offer.
We at JoinEight have built and pioneered an innovative new solution to how companies can reinvent themselves as a brand, we are bringing back the human connection to the recruitment process. Get to know your candidate first before you hire, and get the best culture fit. Build your employer brand and host productive events. Utilize data and analytics to get the most efficient and accurate output with our Engagement Tracking Software (ETS) and candidate tracking system (CTS).
For more info, visit www.joineight.com
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/joineight/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/joineight
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/joineight/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/joineight/